The dress I am wearing today doesn’t have any pockets. It’s very frustrating, I keep trying to shove my hands into the nonexistent pockets and people think I have a cervous tick or that I’m trying to start a new dance. I don’t even have the dougie down yet, there is no music on right now, and they deliberately left off the pockets to make me look like a crazy person.
Here are the top ten reasons why all dresses should have pockets:
1. You can keep snacks in them
2. You can keep your hands warm in them
3. You can leave your purse at home and put your lip gloss/debit card in them
5. Dress pockets are roomier than pants pockets
6. If you need to wipe your hand off real quick before shaking someone’s hand you could do it in your pocket... but you have to be real slick about it, otherwise you’ll just seem like a sweaty nervous mess. gross.
7. ummmm.... THIS!!!
8. You can find forgotten money in them
9. Kangaroos shouldn’t get to have all the fun
10. You can KEEP SNACKS in them
The best snack to sneak into pockets is Roasted Garbanzo Beans. You can flavor them with endless award winning flavor combinations, like chipotle maple, lime curry, cinnamon sugar, oregano sesame, sea salt thyme, orange pepper… I could keep going...
Spread the garbanzo beans out on a baking sheet and toss with a few tablespoons of olive. Coat with your choice of spices; plain is excellent too. Bake for about 25 minutes in a 400° degree oven. Let cool. Devour.
This time I spiced mine up with a little Japanese Shichimi Tōgarashi; which is a blend of these seven delicous spices:
Red Chili Pepper
Roasted Orange Peel
Black Sesame Seeds
White Sesame Seeds
Try it! Right away! Go! Why are you still reading this, I mean it. Go!